Friday, September 27, 2013

"Truly Tiptop Productions at TipTop, Chester!"

When I was 14, I spent a whole summer reading every Agatha Christie I could lay my hands on.

This was quite easy. My mother was an Agatha addict too, which certainly helped.... she'd buy the books, put them on the kitchen table with the rest of her shopping.... and I'd then have the wicked pleasure of running into the kitchen....nicking a book...then racing off into the garden...to snuggle in a deckchair...... beside my father's gorgeous roses....a Lakeland terrier called Flash at my feet.....
And OOH! HOW my excitement gathered..... as I turned page after page at very high speed.......my eyes coming rapidly out on quivering stalks...
.
 (ANYHOW just recently, by the way,  I've discovered   more " detective" fiction in the shape of  John Gresham........thankyou Andrew/Sue(!).....somewhat late in the day, you might say, but of course, that's another story...

ANYHOW ( sorry, another "again" ) last Friday, a superb production of  Christie's " Witness For The Prosecution" at Tiptop productions, Forum Studio, Chester ( www.chestertheatre.co.uk)

Confident, compelling actors. Super setting. Lovely original touches: eg. Ruth Evans,  inserted as a tweed-skirted Agatha Christie, diligently watching proceedings.....typing her MS ( almost among the audience)....clicking away on a wonderful old typewriter at the side of the stage...

TipTop have a great programme the next few months.....I've already booked for one Grandpa, 3 grand-babes and m'self for their Panto ( Snow White) ..and it appears A ( aged 5) has already planned to come in her very own Snow White outfit....

                                                  BUT back to the programme:
" The Sociable Plover" by Tim Whitnall, plus " Bouncers" by John Godber, " Useless Beauty" by local playwright Mark Newman, the smash-hit musical " AVENUE" , PLUS Yasmina Reza's wonderful " God of Carnage", JB Priestley's " When we are married" " Fawlty Towers" and Brian Friel's " Dancing at Lughansa"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home