Wednesday, December 02, 2009

" Adele Geras At Bishop Lloyds Palace"




" When a writer talks about his work, he's talking about a Love Affair"
So said American Literature critic Alfred Kazin.... and Adele Geras mirrored this yesterday, as she talked in a Palace (with its leaded lights, oak-panelled walls, ornate fireplaces) about her work and life as a highly successful writer...
Adele writes wonderful stories. Clearly, her work both absorbs and delights her. And Adele understands her readers.....exactly what they want, and also ( very essentially) she respects them, be they 5 years old OR even older than I am...
Adele joined Friends of Chester LitFest at Bishop Lloyds Palace yesterday. And yesterday, we saw both Adele the writer.... and Adele the woman.... and as with David Whitley in Hoole last week, her audience felt priveleged......to hear Adele's very OWN eloquent and vivacious story.
* see http://www.adelegeras.com/

7 Comments:

Blogger adele said...

Thanks for this lovely account, Jan! I greatly enjoyed my time in Chester.

2:43 pm  
Blogger Jan said...

And I know we all enjoyed having you.
We look forward to Sophie's visit and hope you keep in touch with Chester ( and us!)

8:12 pm  
Blogger Suzanne Ross Jones said...

Really wish I'd been there.

XX

8:47 pm  
Blogger * said...

Adele sounds like a brilliant author and person. I will check out the link.

PS: Thanks for visiting my blog. Stop by for a chocolate chip waffle anytime!

11:24 pm  
Blogger Beth said...

Writing is very much like a love affair – full of highs and lows, passion, frustration and if you’re very fortunate, a heady sense of, “This is it!”

love the advice as to cutting a to-do list in half... ;)

1:34 pm  
Blogger Sarah Laurence said...

It sounds like it was a great talk - I love that quote.

7:09 pm  
Blogger Jan said...

Suzanne:
Maybe she'll visit YOUR neck of the woods one of these days...

Terresa:
Yes, check out her website and you'll find lots of details.

Beth:
I love it when I get stuck in, but I have GREAT TROUBLE getting stuck in...mainly because there's other stuff appearing etc...I need writing to be more of a priority, mainly BECAUSE writing gives me serious wonderful delight..

SArah:
Yes, it jumped put at me recenly...so very apt!

2:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home