Thursday, October 06, 2011

" Shoes! Glorious Shoes.....!!."


Andy Warhol painted these shoes. Are they the shoes of his muse, Edie Sedgwick??




I love comfy shoes. But I also love fabulous
colourful ones, even occassionally HIGH HEELED SPINDLY ones...BUT my favourites are my 4 prs of El Natura Lista clogs...bought over 4 years, I hasten to add .....all different colours..all extra good friends to my feet.

ALSO there's my ancient 12 year old Moshulu boots, bought in St Ives one windy autumn...I hope they'll last forever.....and there's a pair of red lace-ups from a shop in Aix en Provence....where there was also a green pair, which I've always regretted not buying too!....and I've a pair of black shoes made by an Israeli company called Naot .. tiny delicate/clompy heels...contradictory, but if you saw them you'd know what I mean...they've got straps with little bows...sound naffff... BUT they're REALLY gorgeous....bought from a classic oldeworlde shoeshop in Llandudno...always visited on every trip we make there because it's full of surprises!

AND to continue: I've a green pair of heels from Next....brighter than those in the picture Mr Warhol painted.......my cat has been seen purrrring at them ....honestly!.....BUT I ALSO have a pair of red/browny Italian wedgies........ spotted in a Sale in lovely shop in Ilkley.....they're hard to walk in, but great to look at (!) and they make me taller ( NB: NOT "tall", just "taller" by three welcome inches...

BUT ENOUGH: The point of this post was to mention a writing workshop I attended last week...in celebration of National Poetry Day. The workshop ( taking SHOES as topic) was led by Gill McEvoy and Judy Ugonna, two spirited and talented poets who set up Poem Catchers" ( based Chester/Wirral areas) . They lead workshops and will mentor/support other writers, among other things. See http://www.poemcatchers.com/ for full details.
AND I think it's fair to say we came home viewing our shoes in a different light and full of creative ideas.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home