Sunday, May 22, 2011

" Jo Bell: Chimes In With The Hoole-igans"

Jo Bell, prizewinning and well published poetess, made a welcome visit to The Hoole-igans.

It was a case of 2nd time lucky. Jo attempted to visit in December but roads were icy, snow was falling and she had to postpone. However on a breezy Spring day, we managed a replay.... when she gave us a fabulous morning, sharing her poetry and her latest work.

Jo, who lives on a 67 ft narrowboat called "Tinker" ( and was once an archaeologist ) wears lots of hats.... and she suits them all ... She writes, performs, leads workshops and one major "job" is that of Director of National Poetry Day.

Thanks Jo ( if you see this) for a great session.

Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

How wonderful, I love the idea of living on a narrowboat.

6:07 pm  
Anonymous marly youmans said...

Oh, I did see one while I was in Wales--not where I could manage more...

Left you a note in response to your comment but was afraid you might not find it. I was sorry too! I did leave a note on your blog in hopes that you were around...

And did you see that I met Clare Dudman at Welshpool? Took Dave Bonta with me, too.

6:19 pm  
Blogger Jan said...

Debs:
I bet Jo has lots of tales of the riverbank!

Marly:
Yes, Clare loved seeing you. I think she felt she knew you alreadu!

6:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home