Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"Around Round Tables"


I'm making a habit of sitting around round tables!
Last night I helped a very special lady called Dilys celebrate a very special Birthday. We dined lavishly with lots of laughter at an excellent Chinese restaurant.
And as we chatted , we all agreed that round tables have the edge (?) on square or oblong...
And as you see, Dilys wore a rather fetching hat for part of the evening! She (like all of us, see top picture) is a member of Words/Biscuits, a writing group I started in January 2000, never dreaming we'd still be meeting regularly 9 years on.....
And I also enclose a snap taken earlier today ( see last snap) :
My W.E.A. writing group have enjoyed unofficial sessions this summer, courtesy of a pleasant pub in a nearby village. We meet in a curtained-off part of the pub....The King Arthur's Room....where there are tapestries and paintings and statues, all on an Arthurian theme.
And we sit around ANOTHER huge round table, each chair and place-setting labelled for an Arthurian character.
Needless to say, everyone's writing has been inspired in such illustrious a setting...and the fresh coffees have been appreciated too!
(AS has the sociable easiness of The Round Table...)




5 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

What fun! I love my own small writing group, but I'm always hungry for more. We don't write together, just read our already written work - I think I'd enjoy a group that writes together.

7:21 am  
Blogger Kay Cooke said...

I enjoy my little writing group of three ... we meet irregularly but it's special when we get together for a write. (We have nice wine and treats to oil the creative wheels ... but no round table.)

10:12 am  
Blogger Pam said...

Looks like a wonderful occasion.

8:28 pm  
Blogger herhimnbryn said...

Lots of Arthurian tales in the making..................

11:44 pm  
Blogger Jan said...

Catherine:
Yes, it's fun and also encouraging.
Sometimes folk are "shy" at 1st but you should see them blossssommm!

Kay:
Sounds great to me!
Wish NZ was nearer then I could pop in!

Isabelle:
It was!!

Herhimnbryn:
Yes, next time Arthur IS our theme...I'll let you know what ensues!

5:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home