Friday, October 27, 2006

Tales of Slovenia..



I've been absent. I've walked under wide skies in an alpine valley; I've walked in golden woods to a magical waterfall hidden in a grotto; I've stared down from a hill on the colours and shapes and patterns of vine yards, as they stretched and yawned in autumn sunlight...I've crossed bridges over gorges, watched trout swim in a river
....AND I've been eating and talking and drinking and laughing.

I returned home on Wednesday from Slovenia; it was the happiest of times, with good friends in a fascinating land of contrasts. There were mountains and lakes, waterfalls, alpine valleys; the trees, stunning in colours of autumn....
And then, like magic, there was the fairytale city of Ljubliana. More to come..

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That all sounds enticingly pagan, Jan.

I know a couple of druids who would love that magic waterfall.

7:13 pm  
Blogger Sarah Salway said...

Happy to be here with you - virtually travelling via Slovenia, Jan. SOunds wonderful. Did you write there?

6:11 pm  
Blogger Jan said...

Thanks Clare and Sarah. Yes it WAS wonderful; no time to write but hopefully that will come when Im remembering in tranquility (as "they" say...) and yes, the Druids would find magic there.
I am learning how to post pictures so watch this space! Ljubliana was made for photographers.
Thanks again for calling.

2:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home